Plan a Monogram Themed Wedding
A wedding monogram can really personalize your wedding. It can be used in a number of places including napkins, on the cake, on bridesmaid and groomsmen favor bags, on your wedding favors, on the tablecloth at the bridal party table during the reception, as the introduction to your photos slideshow, and anywhere else you can imagine. Here’s a guide to using your wedding monogram in your wedding décor.
Dos and Don’ts
· Don’t use your married name monogram on anything before the wedding. It’s traditional to use your first initials and married name at the ceremony and later.
· Do use a combination of your first names or initials in pre-wedding correspondence or on shower favors. A wedding invitation with your first initials in the style of your wedding monogram is a great touch.
· Do use it everywhere you can think in the reception décor.
· Do use four initials if the bride will keep her last name. It’s perfectly acceptable to have a wedding monogram with four initials, use your first names only.
Ways to Use a Monogram Before the Wedding
· Use the first initial of the bride and groom’s first names to create a beautiful monogram for the wedding invitation, save the date cards, shower invitations, etc.
· Use this same monogram for wedding shower favors. Put it on champagne glasses for the bachelorette party or for the bridesmaids’ luncheon.
· Use it on the rehearsal dinner napkins.
Ways to Use a Monogram in Your Ceremony Décor
· Use your wedding monogram on your aisle runner.
· Put the monogram on your unity candle.
· Have the monogram put on the ring bearer’s pillow.
· Place the monogram on the front cover of your wedding programs.
Ways to Use a Wedding Monogram at the Reception
· Have someone design you a cake topper in the style of your wedding monogram.
· Have your cake decorator screen the monogram on the icing in a contrasting color.
· Use your monogram as your decorative theme napkins, place cards, and toasting flutes. It’s a formal touch that adds class to your reception.
· Get a monogrammed guest book.
· Put the monogram on cookies or other treats. Find some great options here.
· Work with the lighting specialist to cast your monogram on the curtain behind the wedding party table. Have them put it in the spotlight on the dance floor.
· Use the monogram on the disposable cameras at the reception.
· Almost any wedding favor can be customized to include your wedding monogram. Find some great options personalized favor options here.