Browsing all posts in July, 2009.
Recently I came across some beautiful pictures of bridesmaid’s dresses in my favorite color…GREEN! The photos were gorgeous and it made me think how few people utilize green (other than for stems and leaves in the floral arrangements…) in their wedding. Yes, the light sea foam green is seen occasionally, but I mean a bright vibrant emerald green.
Not only that, but “green” is in right now. So I was thinking, why not really go full blown green for your wedding? Nowadays it’s so much more than just a color. It’s a lifestyle too. And ladies, everyone looks good in green. Blondes, brunettes, redheads… It compliments every skin tone from alabaster to dark mocha. But don’t stop there, really go green with your wedding. Why not go with environmentally friendly favors? You can give your guests plantable favors.
Rather than a plain old placecard holder, why not give them one of the “Please be Seeded” placecard holders? They come in a variety of different themes: butterfly, cherry blossom, heart, leaf and starfish. And they’re made from recycled paper. A lot more exciting then just your plain old placecard holder. These actually have a purpose.
Don’t forget to give each table at least 1 camera so everyone can capture pictures for you. Sure the photographer is great, but some of the best pictures are the candid ones. Looking for something to match your “green theme?” How about the Pastel Celadon Green Wedding Camera?
And of course we all know it is NOT cool to be throwing rice anymore! Not only that, but who wants rice to be thrown at them?? Rose petals are so much more elegant. We offer a variety of petal toss cones in green and other complimentary colors. We also have the rose petals to fill them with.
So if you’re just starting to think of colors for your wedding, why not consider green? It will make your wedding unique, your guests will appreciate your thoughtfulness when it comes to “going green,” and your bridesmaids will thank you for selecting a color that looks enchanting on all of them!
- Welcome back to another manic Monday! What’s your best tip for waking up with a smile? #
- Many of today’s modern brides are opting for a beach wedding. http://snipr.com/nd8rm #
- Use the sweet scent of a sandalwood fan to set the tone for your wedding. http://snipr.com/nd8rm #
- Are your groomsmen the outdoor type? http://bit.ly/1armk8 #
- Commemorate your baby’s baptism with style. http://snipr.com/nd8wf. #
- Children love themed birthday parties. Have you thought about having a pirate party this year? Don’t forget the eye patch! #
- You can build a pretend pirate b oat for your child’s birthday party out of cardboard boxes and a little ingenuity. #
- Everyone loves an exotic party theme. Take a deep breath of the orient for yours!http://short.to/jpnp #
- @bklynbrideblog Cool! in reply to bklynbrideblog #
- @orancatalin Seriously? All right, I have to ask. Why? in reply to orancatalin #
- @viragocreations This is absolutely gorgeous. in reply to viragocreations #
- @Weddings_Italy Congrats! They’re gorgeous. in reply to Weddings_Italy #
- @diywedding Ah, but is it the body that loves or the soul? Might he not find his love in death? in reply to diywedding #
- @JillyWisdom I have an Einstein! Only it’s bobbling away on the dashboard of my van… in reply to JillyWisdom #
- @StyleStrategic Ouch! in reply to StyleStrategic #
- @HighStyleClt I’m assuming congratulations are in order, but what’s this for? in reply to HighStyleClt #
- @herbridalfavors Truer words. I like to waterpaint thin pieces of foam with pastels for mine… in reply to herbridalfavors #
- @SecondCityStyle Save me a spot! Woohoo! in reply to SecondCityStyle #
- @BigMouthBride I’m horrible about deleting emails I actually needed to hang on to. Thanks goodness my phone has a trash feature. in reply to BigMouthBride #
- @GLMovieNews Yes! I love the Green Lantern! When’s this coming out again? in reply to GLMovieNews #
- @FWishnie This sounds like a blast. What’s the key feature that just jumped out at you? in reply to FWishnie #
- @BridesMagUS Lol. Oh, I could write a book. I think the hall of shame might be a better idea… in reply to BridesMagUS #
- @Weddings_Italy I have to ask, where did you come up with the idea for these invites? in reply to Weddings_Italy #
- @Kidflush Very nice. You know, for $50 mil… in reply to Kidflush #
- @ForeignBride This is a great link. I love the X Games. in reply to ForeignBride #
- @Kidflush It’s annoying in some ways but is kind of nice in others. in reply to Kidflush #
- @orancatalin They always forget to mention the conditions that go along with these gift cards… in reply to orancatalin #
- @PolkaDotDsign I have to agree…where did this summer go? in reply to PolkaDotDsign #
- Late afternoon is the best time for a wedding ceremony if you’re going to feed your guests a meal. Then you have plenty of time for dancing! #
- Do you prefer a sit-down dinner or a buffet for your reception? #
- Check out the great collections of non-traditional vows out there for couples who want to add “something more” to their civil ceremonies. #
- When writing your own vows, toss the rulebook out the window. Make it personal. These are your promises. #
- Are you having a hard time coming up with bridesmaid’s gifts for your bridesmaids? http://is.gd/1BfFf #
- Bridesmaid’s gifts don’t have to cost you a fortune. Check it out!http://snipr.com/nd9cr #
- Old fashioned weddings just aren’t en vogue these days. http://todaysweddingfavorites.blogspot.com #
- Wedding insurance can save the day if you have an 11th hour cancellation. #
- Save yourself a lot of trouble and make a website for your wedding! #
- What would you put on your wedding website? #
- When you’re building your wedding website, don’t forget to include directions to the ceremony! #
- Find all of today’s hottest celebrity wedding news at http://www.topix.com. I love this site! #