5 Fun Party Ice Breakers to Get The Party Started
Party ice breakers are always a great addition to an type of event whether it be an engagement party, bridal shower, birthday party, etc. As a host you want all your guests to feel comfortable with each other and not have any guests in the corner because they don’t know anyone. Ice breakers will insure that your party doesn’t become boring, where everyone stands around in little groups complaining. It’s time to get everyone involved and really make your occasion a memorable one!
Check out these 5 ice breakers that will really get your party started!
Truth or Lie?
Each person writes their name on a 3×5 card and 4 facts about themselves, one of which is a lie. Cards are turned into the leader. A paper is passed out which reflects the name of all the guests. The leader then reads the name of a person on a 3×5 card and that person’s list of facts aloud. The rest of the group writes down the one thing that is a lie by that particular person’s name. whoever gets the most right, is the winner.
Have You Ever?
Simply ask your guests these questions (or questions you make up your own) and the answers alone will be entertaining! Whoever gets the most points..wins!
- Locked yourself out of the house (20 points)
- Lost any of your family while shopping (15 points)
- Put something in the refrigerator that doesn’t belong there (30 points)
- Turned white clothes a different color in the wash (35 points)
- Needed to lay on the floor to zip up your jeans (45 points)
- Gone away and realized that you left the iron or coffee pot on, so you come all the way home, and find it was really off (50 points)
- Had a zipper or strap break when you were out somewhere (15 points)
- Put on a pair of stocking with a run in them and pretended it just happened (10 points)
- Put on two different socks or shoes and not realized it until you were out (75 points)
- Taken a bath and left the towels in the closet (20 points)
- Called someone on the phone and forgot who you were calling (40 points)
- Called any member of your family by another name (20 points)
- Put your heel though the hem of a dress (20 points)
- Remembered an appointment after it was too late (15 points)
- Been ready to bathe and found no hot water (25 points)
- Fallen up the stairs (35 points)
- Gone shopping and discovered you didn’t bring any money with you (50 points)
- Drive away from somewhere while a member of your party wasn’t in the car (35 points)
- Locked your keys in the car (10 points)
- Got into the car to go somewhere and forgot where you were going (20 points)
- Put something in the oven to bake and forgot about it (35 points)
- Woke up in the morning and didn’t know where you were (40 points)
Before your party make up a grid sheet or list with varied personal characteristics in each square or line aka Bingo Card. Characteristics might be: sings in shower; been to Europe; never had a speeding ticket; watches a soap opera; has met a famous person; wears thong underwear; plays the lottery; speaks at least three languages; etc. Hand out the bingo cards to your guests and have them go around and collect unique signatures of guests who have those characteristics. The first person to get all (or the most) squares filled in wins!
What’s In Your Pocket?
Another fun give away game that gets guests involved by asking them to produce all the different items from their purses and pockets. The first person or group to produce the item wins the prize. This game is best played by breaking guests into 3 or 4 groups. You can also use a point system. If playing in groups, the first group to produce the item gets the point and at the end of the game, the group with most points wins!
Sample list of things to ask for include:
- Key chain with 10 keys or more
- Pen with a chewed cap
- Coin with a specific date
- Family picture
- Store receipt
When planning your party, put together your list of items, include a few that will get people interacting and laughing. It not only puts people at ease, but gives them something to talk about even after the game is over.
What’s That Hum?
Pass out index cards with songs written on them. You will need to write each song twice, on two different cards. Pass out the song titles, one to each guest and tell them they must hum their song while they search for the other guest that is humming the same song. Winners are the two guests that find each other first.
Finding ‘Celebrity’ Love!
Make a list of celebrity couples or well known iconic couples (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Lucy and Ricky etc.). List each half of the couple on separate pieces of paper. Choose as many couples as you have guests. When each guest arrives at the dinner, secure the name of the celebrity on their back. The goal is for each guest to find their other half. First, they must figure out who they are by asking yes or no answer questions. When they guess correctly, they can place their identity on their chest. When both people have their identity’s figured out and find each other, they win!
With these fun ice breakers your guests will remember your occasion for years to come!
Incoming search terms for this post:
- engagement party ice breakers
- engagement party ice breaker games
- ice breaker games for engagement party
- party ice breakers
- icebreaker games for engagement party
- ice breakers for engagement party
- engagement party icebreaker games
- ice breaker games for engagement parties
- engagement party icebreakers
- bridesmaids ice breakers